|Season 1, Episode 8|
|Air date||November 9, 1985|
|Written by||Susan Harris|
|Directed by||Paul Bogart|
|The Competition||Blanche and the Younger Man|
After a concert, the girls arrive home to discover their house has been broken into. This leads the girls to seek out means to protect themselves. Meanwhile, Rose becomes so paranoid thinking the robbers will come back, she goes as far as to purchase a gun, and later, is forced to confront her worst nightmare.
Episode Notes, Goofs and TriviaEdit
- Rose says that she's afraid of large dogs, but she has no problem bringing home large dogs in season two's Joust Between Friends, loves the fact that the girls got her a large dog in Questions and Answers, and wanted to keep one of Dreyfuss's puppies in Stand By Your Man.
- At the beginning of the episode, before entering the house, the girls mention they went to see Madonna in concert. In 1985, when this episode originally aired, the only show Madonna played in Miami was at the now-demolished Hollywood Sportatorium on 11th May, however, this episode was originally aired on 9th November, which would imply it was set much earlier than that, or the writers simply didn't check their facts.
- When Dorothy is imitating Dirty Harry, she says her gun is a .375 Magnum, one of the most powerful guns in the world. A .375 Magnum is a rifle, the gun referred to as "one of the most powerful in the world" is a .44 Magnum.
- In the parking garage, you can hear a women's footsteps moving at pretty much the same pace throughout the entire sequence. Even though Rose walks, stops, speeds up, runs, and stops again, the footsteps don't really change and at times aren't even in sync with her steps.
- After Blanche is attacked, she tells Dorothy she was wearing the wrong underwear. But in The Custody Battle, Blanche admits she never wears underwear.
- In this episode, Rose shoots at that big floral vase that sits by the door and breaks it into pieces. In later episodes, you see that vase sitting in the same place in perfect condition.
- In this episode, Rose is so afraid of the robbers coming back they get an attack dog. They are all afraid of the attack dog who is in the kitchen, you never see the dog. Rose says that she can't go into the kitchen because she is afraid of large dogs. As you may know, in many episodes, Rose brings dogs home and to the hospital and is never afraid of Dreyfuss.
- When Rose comes home from buying the gun, she says that the gun shop has a basement where they teach you to shoot the gun. There are no basements in Florida.
- The background shot during the closing credits features Dorothy, Rose, Blanche, and Sophia in a huddle by the doorway looking on at the mess in the house.