|Isn't It Romantic|
| Season # 2, Episode # 5 |
# overall in series
|Air date||November 8, 1986|
|IMDb|| Isn't It Romantic|
|IMDb (2nd part)|| Isn't It Romantic|
|Written by:||Jeffrey Duteil|
|Directed by:||Terry Hughes|
|← Previous||Next →|
|It's a Miserable Life||Big Daddy's Little Lady|
Dorothy Zbornak's old friend, Jean comes to Miami for a visit and Dorothy decides not to tell Blanche and Rose that Jean is a lesbian. Then, after spending time with Rose, Jean begins to fall for her. Meanwhile, a new VCR, prompts Sophia to rent "dirty movies".
Sophia: Jean thinks she's in love with Rose
Blanche: Rose? Jean has the hots for Rose? I don't believe it! I do not believe it!
Dorothy: I was pretty surprised myself
Blanche: Well, I bet! To think Jean would prefer Rose over me, that's ridiculous!
- What happened to the large chest Dorothy has in her bedroom that can be seen in Guess Who's Coming to the Wedding?? In this episode, it's just a bare wall to the right of her window.
- When Rose is in bed at about 2:15 in the morning, the close ups show that she's still wearing eyeshadow and makeup, this happened frequently.
- When Dorothy tries to turn off the dirty movie, she accidentally presses fast-forward and the sound can be heard going much faster. However, most VHS players don't play the sound while fast-forwarding.
- This episode was nominated for an Emmy in Outstanding Writing In A Comedy Series.
- Ranked #4 in the Nielsen ratings television ratings, for the week of it's original airing.
- The background shot during the closing credits show Dorothy, Rose, and Jean at the table eating breakfast, as Blanche looks on from the refrigerator.