Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Isn't It Romantic is the fifth episode of Season 2 of The Golden Girls, also the 30th overall series episode. Directed by Terry Hughes and written by Jeffrey Duteil, the episode first aired on NBC-TV on November 8, 1986.
Dorothy Zbornak's old friend, Jean comes to Miami for a visit and Dorothy decides not to tell Blanche and Rose that Jean is a lesbian. Then, Jean tells Dorothy she's in love with Rose, and Dorothy is forced to come clean about Jean's sexual orientation to Blanche and Rose. Meanwhile, their new VCR causes Sophia to rent x-rated movies.
- Lois Nettleton as Jean
- Dorothy: Jean thinks she's in love with Rose.
- Sophia sits up in bed then starts laughing.
- Dorothy: Ma, come on, it's not funny.
- Sophia: To hell, it's not. Jean in love with Little Miss Muffett? Come on!
- Dorothy starts laughing too,
- Blanche: What's so funny
- Sophia: For starters, Jean is a lesbian.
- Blanche: What's funny about that?
- Sophia: You aren't surprised?
- Blanche: Of course not. I mean I've never known any personally, but isn't Danny Thomas one?
- Dorothy: Not Lebanese, Blanche. Lesbian
- Blanche: Lesbian. Lesbian. Lesbian? Isn't that where one woman and another...
- Dorothy: We already know what it means.
- Sophia: Jean thinks she's in love with Rose!
- Blanche: Rose? Jean has the hots for Rose? I don't believe it! I do not believe it!
- Dorothy: I was pretty surprised myself!
- Blanche: Well, I bet! To think Jean would prefer Rose over me, that's ridiculous!
- Blanche: Does Rose know?
- Dorothy: No.
- Blanche: Oh, good. I don't think you ought a tell her. After all, she's not as worldly and sophisticated about these things as I am.
- Sophia: Absolutely. If she finds out Danny Thomas is a lesbian, it'll break her heart.
- What happened to the large chest Dorothy has in her bedroom that can be seen in Guess Who's Coming to the Wedding?? In this episode, it's just a bare wall to the right of her window.
- When Rose is in bed at about 2:15 in the morning, the close ups show that she's still wearing eyeshadow and makeup, this happened frequently.
- When Dorothy tries to turn off the dirty movie, she accidentally presses fast-forward and the sound can be heard going much faster. However, most VHS players don't play the sound while fast-forwarding.
- This episode was nominated for an Emmy in Outstanding Writing In A Comedy Series.
- Ranked #4 in the Nielsen ratings television ratings, for the week of it's original airing.
- The background shot during the closing credits show Dorothy, Rose, and Jean at the table eating breakfast, as Blanche looks on from the refrigerator.