Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ladies of the Evening was the second episode of Season 2 of The Golden Girls TV series, also the 27th overall series episode. Directed by Terry Hughes and written by Barry Fanaro, it originally aired on NBC-TV on October 4, 1986.
After having the house fumigated, Dorothy, Rose and Blanche take a planned trip to see a Burt Reynolds show in Miami. Sophia, on the other hand, cannot attend. But the girls decide to visit a hotel bar before they go and unbeknownst to them it is place of prostitution. This girls land in jail when the police come to arrest the prostitutes.
- Burt Reynolds as Himself
- Rhonda Aldrich as Meg
- Peter Gonneau as Walter
- Tony Swartz as John
- Amelia Kinkade as Hooker # 1
- Ursaline Bryant as Hooker # 2
- Peter Jason as Policeman
- Phil Rubenstein as Exterminator
- Ron Kapra as Hotel Manager
- Ron Michaelso as Carl
- Suanne Spoke as Girl in lobby
- Quotes from script
- Exterminator: You have silverfish and waterbugs in the drainage areas, and under the baseboards structure, you have blateria andropoulous.
- Dorothy: Did you hear that Rose? The President of Greece lives under our baseboards.<
- Exterminator: Blateria andropoulous is a cockroach.
- Rose: Maybe he'll be voted out next election.
(Dorothy, Rose and Blanche have just been chatted up by two men who have mistaken them for prostitutes.)
- Dorothy: 'Girls who will take their money?' Do you know what he thinks we are?
- Rose: Waitresses?
- Dorothy: No, Rose! Hookers!
- Rose: It's always a man with you, isn't it Blanche? Men and sex, sex and men!
- Prostitute: Hey! There's nothing wrong with being career-oriented!
- Rose: (to Blanche) It's your overactive sex drive that got us into this mess! Who picks a hotel because of all the men in the lobby?
(The prostitutes all raise their hands.)
- Dorothy: Listen, you punk! You wanna fight with someone, you're gonna have to fight with me, but I warn you, I did time in Attica.
- Prostitute in Jail: Attica's a *men's* prison!
- Dorothy: I know. I was there a year before they found out.
- Prostitute in Jail: [backing down] Sorry, chief. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.
- Blanche: Oh, Dorothy, that was magnificent. How did you ever pull that off?
- Dorothy: I work in the public school system. It's not that different from this.
- Dorothy: (after Sophia arrives at the jail) Ma, thank God you're here!
- Sophia: Arrested for prostitution, I can't believe it!
- Blanche: Sophia, we're innocent!
- Sophia: I know that! I can't believe these dumb cops would think anybody would pay money to sleep with you!
- Rose: Sophia, did you come to bail us out?
- Dorothy (sarcastically) No, Rose, she's dropping off a manicotti with a file in it.
- Blanche: My God, you're Mr. Burt Reynolds!
- Burt Reynolds: I hope so, otherwise I got the wrong underwear on. (to Sophia) These the roommates you told me about?
- Sophia: Yeah.
- Burt Reynolds: Which one's the slut?
- Dorothy/Blanche/Rose: I AM!