|"Ladies of the Evening"|
| Season 2, Episode# 2 |
# 27 in Series
|Air date:||October 4, 1986|
|Network/Country:||NBC-TV / United Sates|
|IMDb|| Ladies of the Evening|
|Production code:||2.2 / 027|
|Written by:||Barry Fanaro|
|Directed by:||Terry Hughes|
|← Previous||Next →|
| End of the Curse |
(Season 1 premiefe)
|Take Him, He's Mine|
Ladies of the Evening was the second episode of Season 2 of The Golden Girls TV series, also the 27th overall series episode. Directed by Terry Hughes and written by Barry Fanaro, it originally aired on NBC-TV on October 4, 1986.
After having the house fumigated, Dorothy, Rose and Blanche take a planned trip to see a Burt Reynolds show in Miami. Sophia, on the other hand, cannot attend. But the girls decide to visit a hotel bar before they go and unbeknownst to them it is place of prostitution. This girls land in jail when the police come to arrest the prostitutes.
- Burt Reynolds as Himself
- Rhonda Aldrich as Meg
- Peter Gonneau as Walter
- Tony Swartz as John
- Amelia Kinkade as Hooker # 1
- Ursaline Bryant as Hooker # 2
- Peter Jason as Policeman
- Peter Gonneau as Waiter
- Phil Rubenstein as Exterminator
- Rhonda Aldrich as Meg
- Ron Kapra as Hotel Manager
- Ron Michaelso as Carl
- Suanne Spoke as Girl in lobby
- Exterminator: You have silverfish and waterbugs in the drainage areas, and under the baseboards structure, you have blateria andropoulous.
- Dorothy: Did you hear that Rose? The President of Greece lives under our baseboards.<
- Exterminator: Blateria andropoulous is a cockroach.
- Rose: Maybe he'll be voted out next election.
(Dorothy, Rose and Blanche have just been chatted up by two men who have mistaken them for prostitutes.)
- Dorothy: 'Girls who will take their money?' Do you know what he thinks we are?
- Rose: Waitresses?
Dorothy: No, Rose! Hookers!
- Rose: It's always a man with you, isn't it Blanche? Men and sex, sex and men!
- Prostitute: Hey! There's nothing wrong with being career-oriented!
- Rose: (to Blanche) It's your overactive sex drive that got us this mess! Who picks a hotel because of all the men in the lobby?
(The prostitutes all raise their hands.)
- Dorothy: Hey... you wanna fight with somebody, you fight with me. I did time in Attica.
- Prostitute in Jail: Attica's a *men's* prison!
- Dorothy: I know. I was there a year before they found out.
- Prostitute in Jail: [backing down] Sorry, chief. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.
- Blanche: Dorothy, that was amazing, how did you do that?
- Dorothy: I taught in the public school system. It's really not that different.
- Dorothy: (after Sophia arrives at the jail) Ma, thank God you're here!
- Sophia: Arrested for prostitution, I can't believe it!
- Blanche: Sophia, we're innocent!
- Sophia: I know that! I can't believe these dumb cops would think anybody would pay money to sleep with you!
- Blanche: My God, you're Mr. Burt Reynolds!
- Burt Reynolds: I hope so, or else I have the wrong underwear on.