Whose Face is This, Anyway? was the 20th episode of Season 2 of The Golden Girls, also the 45 overall episode of the series. Directed by Terry Hughes and written by Winifred Hervey, it premiered on NBC-TV, originally airing on February 28, 1987.
After attending her high school reunion, Blanche opts for plastic surgery. Meanwhile, Rose follows Dorothy around the house with a video camera to film her for a project. Joseph Whipp guest stars as Dr. Taylor.
Blanche attends a soriety reunion and is mortified to discover that all of her soririty sisters look years younger because they have all had facelifts. Blanche becomes insecure to the point that she decides to go through plastic surgery to preserve her beauty. The three other girls discuss aging and the dangers of vanity, while Rose is making a documentary, a day in the life of her roommates, for a night-college course.
Guest Stars Edit
Scene excerpts Edit
- Quotes from scenes
Rose: Oh, Blanche, how do you feel about performing in front of a video camera?
- Blanche: I think it's okay as long as you've already had at least three dates.
- Blanche: ...And that leaves me with only one choice, I'm going to be perfect, I'm going to be gorgeous! I'm going to have my tummy tucked, my but firmed and my breasts raised and my face lifted.
- Sophia: It's a shame to do all that and keep that hairdo.
[Rose is following Dorothy around with a camcorder]
- Dorothy: Will you put that thing down. What do you think you're doing?
- Rose: Well, I'm making a video for my class at the junior college.
- Dorothy: Oh, really? Gee it sounds like fun.
- Rose: Oh, I'm glad you think so, cause I want you to be one of the stars!
Dorothy: Oh, Rose, I don't think so! You know how uncomfortable I am infront of a camera. Besides I always come out looking like Fess Parker.
- Rose: Don't worry. This is a documentary; it's okay if you're not good looking.
- Dorothy: Rose, stop trying to appeal to my ego. The answer is no.